From September 26th to October 10th, 2020
Undoubtedly, one of the most important events or even the most important.
A rather long history and told so many times.
Two boats, "Pride" and "Ikra" that one day in September 1981 to challenge for the game.
The coastal route announced a departure from the Portalet tower (St. Tropez) to join the "55 Club" (private beach in Pampelonne Bay) where Patrice de Colmont handed to the winner an improvised section named "Club 55 Cup".
The appointment for the following year leads to other friends in the challenge launched.
The event is born, Patrice de Colmont it will grow up in a family spirit that will make the famous single "Nioulargue".
A tragic accident in 1995 put the Nioulargue dormant.
The event could sink into fatal but thanks to the special attention of competitors and many others, this gathering of October found its place in St. Tropez in 1999.
The event now called the "Voiles de Saint-Tropez" has taken over with as leitmotiv to keep the old spirit.
- Gathering of various classes of sailboats "Modern" and "tradition" but also the Wally Class J (up to 300 yachts).
- Concentration of experienced sailors or not but all lovers of the event and
- Coastal route for the "Modern" (starting outside Gulf) and "Tradition" (starting in the Gulf of St. Tropez), but also of course like "banana" for the Wally Class and A J. note that arrivals are all (except golf discount) before the Portalet Tour for a unique spectacle.
- a challenge, "the 55 club cup" that runs between two boats (winner of 2015 must challenge another boat).
- Challenges: Dick Jayson day / Jean Laurin in memory of the creators of Nioulargue. This day is to the challenges posed by a boat with one or more others. The route is chosen by mutual agreement and the winner is announced by radio Challenges Committee.
There is no ranking but just pleased to participate.
- The Regatta Centenarians honored by the Gstaad Yacht Club.
- A town created from scratch behind the harbor master of Saint-Tropez is the place or gather: exhibitors, partners, center "Press" and the organization.
- Sportsmanship, conviviality, festivity are required.
- Admire, film, photograph ... This magical spectacle of color, true panorama of multiple sails and landscaped tones, a palette of colors own in St. Tropez !!!